How Fly Control Works at Businesses in NYC
Flies are a common pest at all different types of commercial properties throughout New York and New Jersey. They come in to feed on trash, food residue, and moisture. While inside, they spread twice as much bacteria as cockroaches, leading to significant health challenges for your business and a source of discomfort for customers.
That is why once a fly population starts building up at your business, you need pest control to get rid of flies fast. There are several different strategies depending on property type, what is attracting them, and the types of flies, which makes it beneficial to work with a pest expert to get the leading solutions.
Techniques for Fly Control in NYC
The main challenge with flies is that one small food source can quickly attract hundreds of flies. They are also one of the fastest breeding insects, and once they are inside, their numbers multiply quickly. A fly control solution that acts quickly is essential for getting flies under control before they can lay more eggs.
A fast pest control solution often requires a tailored approach that may include:
- Education – Understanding what attracts flies and how you can naturally make your business less appealing to them, such as by sealing trash, cleaning surfaces, and limiting standing water, will help get rid of flies without the use of chemical treatments.
- Mechanicals Fly Prevention – Ultraviolet light traps and sticky traps will draw the flies already on your property to them and trap them. These solutions are often a top choice for ongoing fly control.
- Exclusion – Sealing up cracks around doors, windows, and siding and keeping doors closed whenever possible will prevent more flies from getting inside.
- Fly Baits – A fly bait system offers flies an appealing insecticide that will eliminate them when they ingest it.
- Surface Treatments – Available in both residual and non-residual formulations depending on whether or not you need more lasting fly control, these professional fly solutions will quickly eliminate flies and larva on surfaces.
Part of the challenge in choosing which of these solutions to implement at businesses in New York is the number of fly species. These different types of flies need different treatment solutions that also vary by the time of year.
Additionally, flies are an insect species that can build up a resistance to the insecticides used in certain treatments, making it important to use an integrated approach when you want to get rid of flies to avoid making the problem worse.
24-Hour Pest Control provides a range of solutions for fly control at commercial properties in NYC. Contact us to learn more about our fly control services.