- Rodents breed all year long. Once a nest has been established, rodents will expand in numbers and search for larger quantities of food and water to sustain the nest.
- Rodents defend themselves. If a rodent is backed into a corner, it may choose to attack.
- Rodents are highly adaptable. Sealing off an access point won’t stop rodents.
They can quickly create new access points. Effective rodent, rat, and mice control means removing the current population while proactively preventing new pests from moving in. There are numerous options available to you right now depending on what type of rodent is bothering you and the size of the infestation. Contact us today if you’ve discovered rats, mice, or other rodents in your home or business and we’ll help to remove them so your family can be healthy and safe for a fair, competitive price. 31% of people in the United States are waking to the unnerving sound of rats and mice scratching around their homes, according to a 2015 pest control study. This number sees a 25% increase in the winter months, as the four-legged menaces rushed indoors to shelter from the wintery cold snap. What can blight the lives of families, prove costly to homeowners, and even render homes unsellable. Local authority pest controllers carried out 715,297 treatments for various infestations in 2010-2011. At this time of year, when cold weather forces rats and mice indoors to nest and forage for food, infestations can rocket, with rodents spreading disease as well as causing damage by chewing through wiring, timber, pipes and brickwork. Rodents are not only unhygienic, but also dangerous, in some cases starting residential fires by chewing through wires. The bad news is that most insurers will not cover homeowners for damage caused by pests, though they will consider paying out on that caused by other wild animals. While you can buy your own traps and devices to deal with certain pests, it might be cheaper in the long run to hire professional pest control to only deal with the problem once. Mouse and rat feces can lead to illness and even death, so don’t take your family’s safety in your hands, call 24 Hour Pest Control NYC. We are the number one pest control solution for NYC, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Long Island City for Home Residential, Commercial Small Business and Industrial Businesses.
24 Hour Pest Control Exterminators for Rodents, Rat and Mice For Your Home and Business in NYC Serving NYC, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, The Bronx and Long Island City
Rats and Mice Pest Control Resources
Below is a list of Rats and Mice Pest Control Resources from around the web. This is one of the most comprehensive assemblies of informational links we have seen and we bring this to you as part of 24 Hour Pest Control NYC’s mission of being the Authoritative Source for Information.
24 Hour Pest Control NYC is not responsible for the content on any of the websites below (except our own) – the opinions and information expressed on these sites are the responsibility of each site owner.
All web site links were verified as active and current as of August 24, 2015.
- Take the Long-Term View
- Pest Control Overview
- Low Impact Approaches
- Regulatory Updates on Rodenticides
References and Additional Resources
- The Safe Rodent Control Coalition: A resource center that provides guidelines and tips to help you manage rodents safely, effectively, and affordably.
- University of California, Davis IPM Online: Pests of homes, structures, people and pets.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Information on disease hazards posed by rodent infestations.
- National Pesticide Information Center: Provides objective, science-based information about pesticides to enable people to make informed decisions about pesticides usage.
- US Environmental Protection Agency: